maanantai 10. toukokuuta 2010

Barney Stinson has ADHD ;)


Hello internet!

I'd like to add more to my last topic, namely ADHD.

There are numerous websites which have more info for people struggling to understand childhood and adult ADD/ADHD.

::Quote:
-“zoning out” without realizing it, even in the middle of a conversation.
-extreme distractibility; wandering attention makes it hard to stay on track.
-difficulty paying attention or focusing, such as when reading or listening to others.
-struggling to complete tasks, even ones that seem simple.
-tendency to overlook details, leading to errors or incomplete work.
-poor listening skills; hard time remembering conversations and following directions.
::End quote :: helpguide.org

The thing is: ADHD also comes with many benefits. Being impulsive keeps things fresh and innovative. Empathy is something common with ADHD people, and I consider myself having it. Although it's not always as obvious as one might hope, but alot of things I do is a compromise due to empathy. It's all about knowing your strenghts and utilising them when the time comes.

::Quote
Another capacity brought on by ADD is the ability to hyper focus on things. For instance, if one sees something they want to achieve, then he or she will make a great endeavor out of focusing on that objective and will be obstinate about not letting go what he or she has attained.
::End Quote :: www.adhdchildparenting.com

I am still eagerly waiting for a letter from TAYS that will tell me when my next real appointment is. All in all the times are changing and maybe soon enough I can start a relatively productive life. The thing is alot of this has affected my school progress. Although I don't like to admit it, I have been progressing at a diminishing rate. It's not that the courses are overwhealming or that I don't have the time - it's just a huge effort to get things done so classes get dropped. This is something I hope to correct with the upcoming diagnosis.

Wish me luck and take care Internet.

References:
http://helpguide.org/:

http://www.adhdchildparenting.com

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti